Ready to make an impact? CIS is looking for Sales Engineer
CIS designs and supports best of breed network technologies delivered through a flexible support model with customized support processes. Our solutions leverage platforms from Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for WAN Edge Infrastructure like Cisco, Cisco Meraki, Fortinet, Juniper, CloudGenix, CradlePoint, Aruba, Talari, VMWare SD-WAN by VeloCloud, and many others. That being said, we are looking for knowledgeable and flexible Solution Architects or Consultants that have hands-on experience with a variety of SD-WAN platforms as well as knowledge on routing, switching, and building a solution that is compatible with the customer’s current networks for a smooth migration.
The Solutions Architect is responsible for supporting sales by providing subject matter expertise on technical concepts and mapping technology solutions to prospects and existing clients’ needs. The candidate should maintain technical knowledge of wide area networking, local area networking, and Wi-Fi networking technologies by staying up-to-date on market trends, manufacturer reports, and internal/independent lab testing. Hands-on experience is a must, as real-world experience in deploying and managing wide area networks must be demonstrated in the sales process.
About the Role:
Location: Remote – United States
The Sales Engineer is the technical backbone of the sales organization. The Sales Engineer is responsible for working alongside an account executive to evangelize, design, propose and demonstrate the business value to customers. This is a results-oriented position and you must demonstrate that you can own building the territory with the account executive. This will be done by having a high aptitude in SD-WAN / technology, leadership, and business acumen. You thrive on autonomy while being a productive team member. The character and competency you bring to the sales process is a critical component to this role. Ultimately, you win with integrity and good intent.
- Working with companies to help educate and drive the CIS business model, benefits and overall solution
- Deliver technical presentations and demos with a focus on the business requirements of the customer
- Create an environment in which prospects become customers and customers become evangelists
- Work through obstacles during the sales process, help the customer understand how CIS addresses their requirements and concerns
- Assist sales qualification and own the technical architecture design
- Travel required (up to 50%) / Passport Required
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years in a customer-facing role, preferably in a sales engineering capacity or consulting role focused on SD-WAN, Managed Services, WAN/LAN and/or networking (additional details below)
- Hands-on experience with implementation, configuration and troubleshooting of various networking equipment with various vendors
- Minimum of 5 years supporting, delivering, or designing enterprise IT systems
- Must have extensive technical experience in SD-WAN, Networking, Security, Cloud Services
- Experience creating/drafting Scope of Work, Proposals and RFP responses
- Ability to articulate the business application/value of the CIS solution to all audiences, ranging from technical to executive-level decision makers
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation, time management, and attention to detail
- You must have an “I own the problem AND the solution” attitude
- Strong working knowledge of Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
Desired Skills and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree or 5-7 years of experience in Telecommunications or IT Industries
- CCNA/CCNP/CCIE Certification preferred
- Working knowledge of Zoho CRM or other CRM platform
Working at CIS:
CIS recognizes that success comes from delighting our customers, so we work together to ensure that happens every day. CIS has sustained double digit growth over the last five years. We offer a fast paced work environment with ample opportunity to grow within the organization and in telecommunications and technology industries. Working with CIS offers benefits such as Medical, Dental, and Vision, Professional Development opportunities, and more. We are always looking for talented people to join our team of supporters who think outside of the box and love to learn about new emerging technologies while offering the best customer service to enterprise-level customers.
CIS is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
All employees receive compelling compensation and benefits packages, including:
- Paid Time-Off
- Training and Career Development
If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet all of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply anyway. We review all applications and still may consider you the right person for the role or have another open position where you’re the perfect fit.